Jared Heyman, Founder and Managing Partner, Rebel Fund
Industry: Venture Capital Fund - Seed/Early, Y Combinator Proprietary Access
Summary: a seed-stage venture capital fund and powered by an elite team of top Y Combinator alumni along with a proprietary machine learning algorithm for statistically predicting startup success.
- Rebel’s mission is to invest in the top 0.1% of the 16,000 tech startups that apply to each batch of Y Combinator, the #1 accelerator in the world with 30+ unicorns and $300B+ in portfolio company value.
- The fund’s due diligence and investing decisions are made by a team of top Y Combinator alumni who have founded companies now valued at $75B in aggregate, including Reddit, Cruise, Instacart, and Scribd, along with a machine-learning algorithm to validate and screen potential investments.
- As of February, Rebel Fund had 21 portfolio companies with a 54% gross IRR in terms of valuation markups (average investment age of 12 months).
- Rebel’s team is made up of experienced top-decile fund managers, successful serial entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs bringing decades of real-world technology startup operating and investing experience to support their portfolio CEOs.
- Rebel Fund has built startups backed by the world's top venture capital funds and have created millions of dollars in value for their investors and partners.
Seeking: Fund LP Investors